Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Losing Sleep

This mom thing is a trip. I know for the first couple of months that sleep would be lost but we are almost at year 5 for baby #1. I have all the great intentions of what I want to do but then they drain me with bath time, story time, fuss at me til I lay down time and then can I lay with you time. I love them I do but I miss my sleep. It is when I need it most that I feel like they just laugh at me. Not tonight mama.
It was a time when I could relax in bed and be out. No worries in the world. When I try to put them down at a decent time they find millions of reasons to get up. I gotta pee. I need a tissue. I want. They get me every time. Is it too much to ask?  I guess it's like selfcare you just have to take it. No one will just allow me to chill. Go to bed at a decent time. I guess with all things this is a stage I have to master but I wish it was now that a miracle would happen. Sleeping straight through the night is awesome but can I get 6 or 7 on a regular.
One day right. In my dreams maybe. Come on somebody let me sleep.

No comments: