Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Good Book: Boundaries: When to Say YES, When to Say NO, To Take Control of Your Life

Normally in the bible studies I have been in with the women's ministry we focus on our attitudes, being a care giver and other topics like that.  It was refreshing when I came across a women's ministry that focused on something that is sometimes neglected.  I mean we are taught to be giving, loving and sacrifice but it does not mean that we have to give all of ourselves all the time.  Most nice people I know (including me) feel spent from helping others.  It brings us joy to a degree but then some people take advantage of your kindness.  Even more importantly when you need a friend they are nowhere to be found. It isn't their fault though it is our fault because we did not demand to be treated the way we want so we are not getting what we deserve. This book really goes deep into all the ways we allow people to walk all over us and the solution on how to stop it.  There is more but I am just getting started with the class and the book but it is a blessing.  

I recommend it. It is a wonderful spiritual read.


No comments: